Municipal Services Director / Project Manager
ESG Operations, Inc.
ESG Operations, Inc. is seeking a qualified and highly motivated Municipal Services Director for its Tifton, Georgia location. This position will manage a multi-discipline team of 75 employees providing Wastewater Treatment, Water Treatment, Lift Station O&M, Stormwater Management, Collection & Distribution, Fleet Maintenance and Public Works for the city of Tifton. We are a utility operations and public works management company committed to our clients, associates, core beliefs, and principles. If you are an experienced, driven professional ready for growth opportunities and challenges, we want to hear from you.
As part of the ESG Operations team, Municipal Services Directors are responsible for:
- Managing a multi-discipline work team providing operations, maintenance, and management of utilities and/or public works departments.
- Analyzing operational process control procedures, maintenance procedures, and instituting changes when necessary to achieve full compliance with all regulatory agency requirements as defined in the service contract with the client.
- Maintaining accurate operational records and preparing reports required by the client and all regulatory agencies.
- Inspecting facilities, evaluating O&M functions, reviewing records and data, interviewing and selecting new personnel, and initiating and recommending new or improved methods or practices.
- Ensuring compliance with City, County, State, and Federal regulations and policies as well as the internal policies and procedures of the Company.
- Attending Council meetings and representing the Client and ESG with State and Federal agencies.
We are seeking an experienced “hands-on” leader with the following qualifications:
- High school diploma, college degree preferred, any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in water/wastewater treatment or public works management.
- Must have demonstrated experience with managing multi-disciplinary work groups.
- Highest level Water and/or Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator certification preferred.
- Possess exemplary leadership, communications, and team-building skills.
- Strong detail-oriented work style.
- Proven experience in making sound financial, technical, and management decisions.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, short term and long term disability, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about ESG Operations, Inc. at www.esginc.net