Are you a team player looking for a new opportunity that will allow you to use your landscape and facility maintenance skills? Do you have a CDL and enjoy hands-on, outside tasks? Are you a motivated and reliable technician looking for a career in a stable industry? If this sounds like you, apply for our Tifton openings today at www.esginc.net
The Public Works Technician will complete projects involving landscape and maintenance of public property in the city of Tifton, GA. You will be responsible for operating related equipment to ensure work orders are completed correctly and on time.
As a member of the ESG Operations team, you will:
- Operate equipment such as backhoes, jackhammers, chain saws, lawn mowers, chippers, leaf machines, concrete saws, paint strippers, or tractors with bush hogs
- Mow and trim assigned property; removes brush, tree limbs, and leaves with chipper and leaf machines; clean alleys and right-of-ways; trim hedges and sidewalks.
- Plant and fertilize trees, shrubs and flowers; spray for weeds. Perform cleaning tasks.
- Repair sidewalks and other concrete areas; resurfaces and repairs roadways; maintain roadway curbs, crosswalks, and stop bars; finish concrete; clear roadways of debris.
- Perform minor building repairs.
- Clean and repair drainage structures; lay pipelines; expose existing utility lines to aid heavy equipment operator, and keep operator away from objects such as grade stakes.
- Direct and control traffic at work sites.
Why work for ESG? ESG Operations, an Inframark Company, provides full service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net and www.inframark.com.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits package with health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, holidays, and wellness plan.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have valid GA driver’s license, CDL preferred
- Six months of related experience
- Strong attention to detail work style with commitment to improvement