ESG Operations is hiring a Horticulturalist to join our team in Opelika, AL. You would be responsible for the maintenance of grounds and landscapes including parks, recreational fields, and other public spaces.
- Performs tasks common to the care of grounds and landscapes including seeding, watering, mulching, fertilizing, and applying chemicals to outside plantings, lawns and turf; inspecting turf and plant materials for insects, disease, physical and mechanical damage and identifying replacements; transplanting, pruning, trimming, and cultivating trees, shrubs, ground cover, and flowers.
- Read, interpret and understand soil test results and calculate, plan, route and apply correct amounts of lime, fertilizer, herbicide and pesticide.
- Read and understand blueprints of athletic fields, irrigation and landscapes.
- Provides a record of grounds and landscape watering and chemical spraying by keeping daily logs of areas watered, duration of watering, and the application of chemicals, including areas sprayed, amount and type of chemicals used, substances sprayed and reason, and the wind speed and direction at time of spraying.
- Prepare, mix and apply spray, dust, granular, and seed applications.
- Identify equipment needed for each assigned project and transport equipment and materials as needed; set, adjust and calibrate turf and agricultural equipment; operate turf and agricultural equipment with attachments.
- Fill, level and align park surface planes with proper soil amendments.
- Participate in the repair and maintenance of parks, publicly owned properties, recreational fields and golf course.
- Bachelor's Degree in Horticulture or related field preferred
- Two years of experience in horticulture or related industry experience required
- Valid Driver’s License, CDL preferred
- Possess Pesticide Applicator license
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations is an Inframark Company that provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. You can learn more about us, see additional opportunities and apply at http://esginc.net
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net and email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.