ESG Operations is currently seeking a Water Operator or an Operator in Training
to join our Thomaston, GA
team. We are looking for candidates with relevant experience, a valid Water Operator license, as well as college graduates with a degree in chemistry, biology, or environmental science. Water is our most valuable and life-sustaining resource. At ESG, our primary goal is ensuring a safe water supply in the communities we serve. If you want to impact the environment, utilize cutting-edge technology and help facilitate progress, join ESG and launch your career with a dynamic, award-winning company
- Monitor all process, equipment and chemicals to ensure effluent water meets applicable standards.
- Collect and record data for record maintenance and reporting to designated state agencies.
- Operate water pumping mechanisms, monitor panel boards, and adjust controls to regulate flow and pressure of water during assigned shifts.
- Conduct water treatment activities to include adding appropriate amounts of chemicals to raw water to disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water at regular intervals and regulating flow of pre-treated water through sedimentation and filter devices
- Record chemical composition of raw and treated water at designated intervals.
- Perform housekeeping duties to include cut grass, clean tanks, sweep & mop floors, clean equipment and various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility.
- Calibrate all meters that they will be required to utilize through the course of the shift
- Collect samples and performs various tests such as pH, D.O., and CL2 residual; analyze results and makes process control changes based on these lab results and instruction from their immediate supervisor
- Document readings, test results, equipment adjustments and enter the data into a computer data base to produce periodic and special reports
- Monitor and observe treatment process for offensive matter; inspect equipment and monitors operating conditions, meters, and gauges to determine load requirements and detect problems.
- Make chemical feed adjustments as necessary. Change chlorine cylinders and check for leaks and adjust feed rate as required.
- Familiarity with process control and pertinent lab procedures
- A valid Class III or higher Georgia Water Operator License or ability to obtain required licensing within 12 months of hire date
- High school diploma or GED; bachelor's degree in related science field, preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Maintenance experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to municipalities and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net. ESG Operations, Inc. is an Inframark company.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net