ESG Operations, Inc. is currently seeking a Night Shift Water Operator at our Perry, GA location. If you are an experienced, highly motivated professional ready for career-developing opportunities and challenges please contact us.
This position is responsible for the basic cleaning, painting, scrubbing weirs and basins, minor maintenance tasks, and grounds maintenance of water plants and well stations. Duties include operating plant machines and equipment, injecting chemicals to purify water, conducting laboratory test of water and monitoring plant controls, adjusting valves and gates, conducting laboratory testing and maintaining well pump stations as well as the plants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates water pumping mechanisms to regulate flow and pressure of water during assigned shifts to include:
- Operates pumps, valves, turbines and electric motors to transfer, distribute and regulate pressure flow of raw and processed water
- Monitors panel boards and adjusts controls to regulate flow and distribution of water
- Cleans systems by backwashing at designated intervals
- Records reservoir water elevation, power consumption and equipment utilization data at designated intervals
- Conducts water treatment activities to include:
- Adds appropriate amounts of chemicals to raw water to disinfect, deodorize, and clarify water at regular intervals
- Regulates flow of pre-treated water through sedimentation and filter devices
- Adds appropriate amounts of chemicals into water for post treatment and operates agitators
- Records chemical composition of raw and treated water at designated intervals
- Maintains, cleans and stocks materials on trucks and equipment. Housekeeping duties to include: Cutting grass, cleaning tanks, sweeping & mopping floors, cleaning equipment and various other duties to maintain the aesthetic appearance of the facility
- Calibrates all meters that they will be required to utilize through the course of the shift
- Collects samples and performs various tests such as pH, D.O., and CL2 residual; analyzes results and makes process control changes based on these lab results and instruction from their immediate supervisor
- Documents readings, test results, equipment adjustments and enter data into a computer data base for record maintenance and to produce periodic and special reports
- Monitors and observes treatment process for offensive matter; inspects equipment and monitors operating conditions, meters, and gauges to determine load requirements and detect problems
- Transfers various chemicals from one container to the other. Makes chemical feed adjustments as necessary
- Changes chlorine cylinders and checks for leaks. Also adjusts feed rate as required. Transports, handles and mixes chemicals manually as required.
- Attends safety classes, reinforces and complies with company safety policies
7pm-7am, weekends and holidays may be required
High School Diploma or GED
License(s) or Certification(s) Required:
- Must have a valid GA driver’s license
- Valid Georgia Water Operator License preferred but must be able to obtain the minimum certification as a Georgia Water Treatment Plant Operator within one year of hire
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.