ESG Operations, Inc. is currently hiring a Utility Locator to join our Natural Gas team in Perry, GA. In this position, we would ask you to perform technical work in the maintenance, location, troubleshooting and inspection of gas mains, services, and meters. Your work would involve coordination, scheduling and planning of underground improvements conducted by ESG and contractors.
- Plan, organize, coordinate and schedule a comprehensive workload of locating and marking the horizontal location of unexcavated utilities with a high degree of accuracy.
- Maintain accurate files and daily paperwork and recording of work orders.
- Understand and implement the laws and codes set forth by the Underground Facility Damage Prevention and Safety Act Chapter 553.
- Accurately prepare technical reports
- Verify the scope of work relating to utility locate requests and prioritize routine, specialized and complex assignments and problems utilizing knowledge acquired through prior education, training, and experience.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of professional, verifiable experience in the repair and/or maintenance of a water/sewer system
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in underground utility locating.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license
- Experience with utility locating tools and practices, as-builts, specific field markings and symbols for facility identification, safe underground work practices, occupational hazards ad roadway safety
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net.
ESG Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.