ESG Operations is currently seeking a Fleet Maintenance Mechanic for our Vidalia, GA location. In this position you would perform maintenance and repair on a variety of vehicles and equipment used by our Vidalia team.
As a Fleet Mechanic, you will:
- Perform diagnostics and make necessary repairs on vehicles and equipment, such as removing and repairing engines, transmissions or differentials; repairing brake systems; or replacing or repairing air-conditioning and heating units.
- Perform preventive maintenance on vehicles such as changing oil and filter, spark plugs, or brake pads, or rotating tires.
- Respond to emergency calls for roadside assistance for disabled vehicles.
- Install, check, and repair electrical components.
- Fabricate and replace hydraulic hoses; perform welding and burning.
- Repair broken or cracked parts, and fill holes and increase size of metal parts using welding equipment.
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag or spatter using hand scraper or power chipper, portable grinder or arc-cutting equipment.
- Test-drive vehicles to establish problem areas and to ensure proper functioning of vehicles upon completion of maintenance or repairs.
- Fill-out work orders on completed repair or maintenance tasks, including work performed, time required to complete tasks, and parts used.
- Participate in cleaning and maintenance of work area and shop equipment.
- High school diploma or GED
- The equivalent of one year of college or specialized vocational training in automotive mechanic or a closely related field
- 2 years of related experience
- Valid state Commercial Driver’s License preferred
- ASE Certification and EPA 609 a plus
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan.
Recognized as the fastest-growing utility operations and public works management company in the Southeast, ESG Operations provides full service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net.
ESG Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employers and certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email email@example.com for more information.