ESG Operations is currently hiring a Lab Analyst in Tifton, GA. In this position, you would be responsible for performing qualitative and quantitative analysis on a variety of wastewater, industrial and water plant samples. Duties include collecting and analyzing samples, preparing samples for analysis, preparing and maintaining a variety of records, calibrating laboratory equipment and monitoring laboratory supplies and inventory.
As Lab Analyst you will:
- Collect samples at prescribed intervals or as requested from the water distribution system, wastewater treatment plants, stream or commercial and residential establishments for laboratory testing
- Conduct laboratory tests, including tests for alkalinity, phosphates, nitrogen, BOD, suspended solids, dissolved oxygen, chlorine residual, pH, flow, temperature, turbidity, membrane filtration, conductivity, total solids, nitrates, nitrites, chlorides, COD, ammonia, MPN’s, TKN’s and fecal coliform. May also include additional testing required by Permits and necessary for Process Control/troubleshooting.
- Maintain an organized daily log of test results to include quality control and daily verification of accuracy.
- Work with the county, state, and federal government in enforcing EPA and EPD regulations in water and water pollution control
- Create, prepare and submit reports and inspection forms for Client, Management, and Governing Authorities.
- Ensure integrity of analytical data by developing Quality Control Standards; preparing periodic Blind Studies, and evaluating procedures, and updating and refining as necessary.
- Prepares monthly billing invoices for analysis completed.
- Clean and maintain laboratory materials and equipment
- Assist in the training and development of new personnel
- Assist in research and development in new areas of testing and procedures
- Attend safety classes, reinforce and comply with company safety policies.
- Work harmoniously with peers, supervisors, and the public and comply with company policies.
- Degree in Chemistry or Biology and experience with metals and wet chemistry analysis preferred
- Valid Georgia Water and/or Wastewater Lab Analyst License (or ability to get through reciprocity) preferred
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques and water analysis methodology
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong detail-oriented work style
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes generous benefits and a bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
Recognized as the fastest-growing utility operations and public works management company in the Southeast, ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally sound solutions for our client's unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training, and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net.
ESG Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.