Office Manager/Executive Assistant
ESG Operations, Inc.
Are you an Office Manager or Executive Assistant with accounting experience and a customer service attitude? At ESG Operations, we know that our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success. If you are an experienced, highly motivated professional ready for career-developing opportunities and challenges, we want to talk to you!
ESG Operations, Inc. is the fastest growing utility management company in the Southeast,. We provide full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net
We are currently seeking an Office Manager/Executive Assistant
for our Opelika, AL
team. We are looking for candidates capable of working with internal and external customers including representing ESG Operations, Inc. to our client, customers, and team members. Job duties will include administrative and accounting functions such as AP/AR, budgeting, payroll coordination, purchasing, data entry, file maintenance, correspondence and report generation.
- Processes employee payrolls, sets up and maintains personnel records in database, and serves as information resource for employees on matters relating to payroll or employee benefits
- Assists departmental staff with preparation of documents such as correspondence, memoranda, bids, reports, spreadsheets, e-mails, ordinances, or resolutions
- Handles payables, entering, approving, and paying bills of responsibility; assists Project Director with preparation of annual budget; enters and approves requisitions; balances revenue received (when applicable)
- Maintains inventory of supplies and materials for area of responsibility; requisitions or picks up inventory materials as required; prepares purchase orders for large items or repairs; manages contracts for service
- Performs clerical tasks such as data entry, answering telephones, taking messages, returning calls, faxing, photocopying, filing, or sorting mail
- Requires some responsibility for achieving minor economies and/or preventing minor losses through the handling of or accounting for materials, supplies, or small amounts of money
- Gathers and maintains information/data to support periodic and special reports and channels/distributes to appropriate personnel or departments as needed
- Attends staff and other professional meetings to exchange information and/or take and transcribe minutes; schedules meetings at the direction of the Project Director
- Requires responsibility for the actions of others, requiring development of procedures and constant decisions affecting customers, or others in the general public; works in a very fluid environment with guidelines but significant variations
- Requires high school diploma or GED; advanced degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role
- Requires two years of college or specialized vocational training in public administration, accounting, secretarial skills, computer technology, business administration, or a closely related field
- Strong detail-oriented work style
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays
ESG Operations, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.