ESG Operations is hiring a licensed Herbicide/Pesticide Spray Technician to join our team in Hinesville, GA. In this position you would be responsible for the selection, mixing and application of pesticides and herbicides on turf, shrubs, flowers, roadways and right-of-ways.
- Performs tasks common to the care of grounds and landscapes including seeding, watering, mulching, fertilizing, and applying chemicals to outside plantings, lawns and turf; inspecting turf and plant materials for insects, disease, physical and mechanical damage and identifying replacements; transplanting, pruning, trimming, and cultivating trees, shrubs, ground cover, and flowers.
- Read, interpret and understand soil test results and calculate, plan, route and apply correct amounts of lime, fertilizer, herbicide and pesticide.
- Provides a record of grounds and landscape watering and chemical spraying by keeping daily logs of areas watered, duration of watering, and the application of chemicals, including areas sprayed, amount and type of chemicals used, substances sprayed and reason, and the wind speed and direction at time of spraying.
- Prepare, mix and apply spray, dust, granular, and seed applications.
- Identify equipment needed for each assigned project and transport equipment and materials as needed; set, adjust and calibrate turf and agricultural equipment; operate turf and agricultural equipment with attachments.
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required
- Two years of experience in horticulture/pesticide application
- Valid Georgia Driver’s License, CDL preferred
- Possess Georgia Pesticide Applicator license
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays.
Recognized as the fastest-growing utility operations and public works management company in the Southeast, ESG Operations, Inc. provides full service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.