ESG Operations, Inc - Opelika, AL
ESG Operations, Inc. is currently seeking a Diesel Mechanic to join our Opelika, AL team. We are looking for candidates with diesel and heavy equipment experience. In this position, you would be responsible for vehicle maintenance and repair, completing work orders, providing emergency roadside service, and performing preventative maintenance tasks. If you are an experienced, highly motivated professional ready for career-developing opportunities and challenges, please contact us.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs diagnostics and makes necessary repairs on vehicles and equipment, such as removing and repairing engines, transmissions or differentials; repairing brake systems; or replacing or repairing air-conditioning and heating units.
- Performs preventive maintenance on vehicles such as changing oil and filter, spark plugs, or brake pads, or rotating tires.
- Responds to emergency calls for roadside assistance for disabled vehicles.
- Installs, checks, and repairs electrical components.
- Fabricates and replaces hydraulic hoses; performs welding and burning.
- Repairs broken or cracked parts, and fills holes and increases size of metal parts using welding equipment.
- Test-drives vehicles to establish problem areas and to ensure proper functioning of vehicles upon completion of maintenance or repairs.
- Fills-out work orders on completed repair or maintenance tasks, including work performed, time required to complete tasks, and parts used.
- Participates in cleaning and maintenance of work area and shop equipment.
- Requires high school diploma or GED.
- The equivalent of one year of college or specialized vocational training in diesel mechanic or a closely related field.
- Requires 3 years of related experience in Diesel engines and repairs, air brakes, hydraulic repairs and computer diagnosis.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan.
Recognized as the fastest-growing utility operations and public works management company in the Southeast, ESG Operations, Inc. provides full service operation, maintenance, management and consulting services to governmental and private sector entities. ESG is dedicated to providing innovative, state-of-the-art, environmentally-sound solutions for our clients’ unique needs. We provide every employee with cutting-edge tools, training and technology which has resulted in ESG’s recognition as a leader in the utility operations and public works management industry. Learn more about us at www.esginc.net.
ESG Operations is an Equal Opportunity Employers and certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.