Are you a hands on manager with experience running a water or wastewater lab? Are you a detail-oriented leader looking for a new opportunity with a growing company that is focused on teamwork? Are you interested in leading a team of people to personal and group success while assuring customer satisfaction? As Lab Supervisor with ESG Operations,
you will be able to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of the people of your community.
ESG Operations is currently hiring a Lab Supervisor in Waycross, GA. In this position, you would be responsible for performing qualitative and quantitative analysis on a variety of wastewater, industrial and water plant samples. Duties include collecting and analyzing samples, preparing samples for analysis, preparing and maintaining a variety of records, calibrating laboratory equipment and monitoring laboratory supplies and inventory.
As Lab Supervisor, you will:
- Collect samples at prescribed intervals or as requested from the water distribution system, wastewater treatment plants, stream or commercial and residential establishments for laboratory testing
- Conduct laboratory tests, including tests for alkalinity, phosphates, nitrogen, BOD, suspended solids, dissolved oxygen, chlorine residual, pH, flow, temperature, turbidity, membrane filtration, conductivity, total solids, nitrates, nitrites, chlorides, COD, ammonia, MPN’s, TKN’s and fecal coliform. May also include additional testing required by Permits and necessary for Process Control/trouble shooting.
- Maintain organized daily log of test results to include quality control, and daily verification of accuracy.
- Work with county, state and federal government in enforcing EPA and EPD regulations in water and water pollution control
- Create, prepare and submit reports and inspection forms for Client, Management and Governing Authorities.
- Insure integrity of analytical data by developing Quality Control Standards; preparing periodic Blind Studies; and evaluating procedures and updating and refining as necessary.
- Prepares monthly billing invoices for analysis completed.
- Clean and maintain laboratory materials and equipment
- Assist in the training and development of new personnel
- Assist in research and development in new areas of testing and procedures
- Attend safety classes, reinforce and comply with company safety policies.
- Work harmoniously with peers, supervisors, and the public and comply with company policies.
- Manage laboratory technicians including training, work assignments, scheduling, and performance assessments.
- Degree in Chemistry or Biology and experience with metals and wet chemistry analysis preferred
- 5 Years of progressive management experience
- Valid Georgia Water and/or Wastewater Lab Analyst License (or ability to get through reciprocity)
- Knowledge of laboratory techniques and water analysis methodology
- Knowledge of wastewater plant operations, state and federal regulations, equipment, and safety practices
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong detail-oriented work style
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays. Relocation may be provided.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to the government and private sector across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. At ESG Operations, we know that our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation for our success. Learn more about us at http://esginc.net
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Apply online at www.esginc.net or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.