Corporate Lab Director
ESG Operations, Inc
Are you passionate about Water and Wastewater Lab Operations? Are you a hands-on leader who would thrive being the company expert for technical analysis and regulatory information? Are you driven to develop award winning labs? As Corporate Lab Director with ESG Operations, Inc.
you will be able to use your skills and knowledge to make a difference in the lives of the people of your community.
ESG Operations, Inc.
ESG Operations provides full-service operation, maintenance, management, and consulting services to government and private sector entities across the Southeast. We also provide a partnership based on shared values and goals and a deep understanding of the challenges that face communities. At ESG Operations, our employees are our greatest asset and the foundation of our success.
We are seeking a highly motivated Corporate Lab Director
to oversee our lab operations with responsibility for regulatory compliance; analytic support of municipal water and wastewater plant operations; and industrial pretreatment programs. We are looking for a senior level, hands-on lab expert with experience managing water and wastewater labs. Additionally, this position will oversee administration of Industrial Pretreatment Programs and their compliance with regulatory criteria.
In this position, you would be responsible for the leadership and operations of Water and Wastewater Labs throughout the ESG Operations, Inc footprint. You would plan, direct, and coordinate the activities of the Laboratory Staff; oversee all analyses and QA/QC procedures; manage budgets; ensure compliance; direct Industrial Pretreatment Programs and manage special projects. We are looking for candidates willing to travel at least 50% of the time.
As a senior member of the ESG Operations team, you would:
- Maintain Quality Assurance/Quality Control Program as a whole, including QA/QC Manual, control charts, SOP’s, and auditing lab performance.
- Implement, evaluate and train laboratory personnel on determination of PQL’s and MDL’s for ESG environmental laboratories.
- Plan and implement short and long-term goals to ensure efficient organization and completion of work.
- Plan, schedule, and communicate all efforts required to maintain the effective Lab operations and regulatory compliance.
- Evaluate prospective projects for compliance with sampling and testing compliance with 40 CFR 136 and State Rules and Regulations. Budget Laboratory cost for startup and routine laboratory testing. Select equipment, supplies and reagents required for laboratory operation. Train and motivate lab personnel to perform at ESG’s high and exacting standards.
- Provide Industrial Pretreatment Program guidance including program development, implementation, and negotiations. Responsible for oversight, supervision, and direction to staff implementing programs.
- Work with project locations, industrial users, EPA and state regulators, and clients to administer permits to control discharge to the wastewater treatment plants of hazardous pollutants and conventional pollutants.
- Prepare Local Limits Evaluations based on changes in Federal and State regulations, plant design and conditions and industrial loadings.
- Providing consultation to engineering, technical, and operations staff on technical analysis related issues
- Assist with award preparation and presentation.
- Maintain knowledge of current regulations and work with county, state and federal government in enforcing EPA and State regulations in water and water pollution control. Keep abreast of all legislative activities related to pretreatment standards and requirements.
- Assist in the training and development of new personnel.
- Evaluate costs or laboratory analysis. Work with equipment and reagent suppliers, contract laboratories and ESG laboratories to optimize ESG laboratory costs.
- Manage special projects and assist in research and development in new areas of analysis and procedures.
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience supplemented by courses in chemistry, biology and math. Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Ten years’ management experience in a water or wastewater laboratory performing standard physical and chemical tests.
- Five years of experience with Industrial Pretreatment Programs.
- Must have a valid state driver’s license and meet minimum driving standards.
- Possess State Board of Examiners Water & Wastewater Laboratory Analyst license, or ability to obtain.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a generous benefits and bonus plan. Comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental and life insurance, 401(k) plan, short term and long-term disability, paid time off, sick leave, and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available.
ESG Operations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a certified Drug Free Workplace.
Learn more about ESG Operations, Inc. and our other opportunities at http://esginc.net.